Wednesday, July 14, 2010

SoHo and Becca!

It's been a rainy few days here in the city.  The first real rain since I've been up here (I think)--at least the first time I've heard thunder.  I love the rain from inside while watching a movie or reading a book while curled up in bed.  I hate the rain when I am walking through it.  Regardless, it's been a rainy few days here in the city.

I had a Fringe meeting yesterday and we discussed our upcoming party.  We want to have a party where we can make some money to funnel back into our group.  We were thinking a bar with a cover charge and raffle prizes?  Your thoughts?  Have you been to any great parties lately?  Please share your ideas because we would love to make it a splash!

After dinner I got a text message from my friend Michael.  Michael is a professor at UNCG and just an awesome person.  He's in New York for a few days and so we met for a late dinner and then walked around for a good long while.  It was great to see him and catch up and swap stories about everything that's been going on.

Today I met Becca and SoHo.  I love that neighborhood of New York.  It's just so pretty and I love the one-of-a-kind-ness of it all.  There are millions of corporate stores, but it just doesn't feel like it.  A great neighborhood.  We window shopped and then had lunch at this great Mexican restaurant called Dos Caminos.  If you're in SoHo and you like Mexican then this is the place for you!  It was so fun.

A little background on Becca-she's one of my very best friends.  We met while in school (although it took us about a year to find each other) and have been hanging out ever since.  She was a year ahead of me at UNCG so she's been up in New York for a year.  She's been my New York saving grace--she helped me move into my non air conditioned apt, helped me set everything up, and even ventured with me to Ikea on that hot Memorial Day to find a midbeam for my bed.  Her boyfriend Jesse is a saint as well and was there through all of that craziness too.  In fact, without Jesse I wouldn't have a bed frame.  Wonderful people and I am so proud to call them my friends.

My Real Simple magazine came in the mail today and I am thrilled! Finally!  I missed last month's because of my move.  I'm about to curl up and dive into it.  I can't wait.  I love this magazine and if you've never read it then I suggest you give it a shot.  Be well, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment