Friday, July 16, 2010

The Lucky One

My boyfriend Sam comes tomorrow to visit for a few days!  It's the first time we've seen each other since I moved to the city and I don't think I could be more excited to see him.  I'll probably squeeze all of the air out of him and cry out of pure joy that I am holding him.  Smelling him.  Looking into his blue eyes.  Sam and I have been through a lot.  We were friends first and for a very long time.  Finally, we started dating.  Our friends always saw it coming.  I suppose in many ways I did too.  We just weren't quite ready for awhile.  I think that being friends first worked in our favor.  I knew what I was getting into with him.  And he knew what he was getting into with me.  I love Sam because I always feel that I am at my best when I am with him.  It's interesting because we both are hard workers, but we approach things so differently.  I love that.  I can talk with him about anything--it's one of the things I love most about our relationship.  We are open and up front about how we feel and whatever is going on in our head.  It cuts through the bullshit and gets to the heart of the matter--and that's how I like to live my life.  When I am with Sam I feel like I'm home (if that makes sense).  He makes me feel beautiful and makes me laugh.  All is right in my world when he holds my hand.  Sam loves me for who I am.  That sounds so simple, but it is so much more than that.  Every day I watch these couples on the subway, or at a store and one of them tries to manipulate the other to be who they want them to be.  Sam loves me for me.  I could gush more, but I think you get the picture.

Tonight I saw We Outran The Sun a piece created and performed by Matt Carlson.  It was a multimedia piece which used videos that interviewed his friends and then he performed a song, which he wrote, about them.  The piece was my ultimate theater experience.  I love things like that and I enjoyed every minute of it.  What I loved most about it was the different people that he interviewed.  And that even though he may not keep in touch with some people as much today as he did 10 years ago, they are still such important people, and so important into making him who he is today.  It runs for two more days and I encourage you to check it out and get there if you have the time.  It reminded me how lucky I am to have such wonderful friends and that even though a lot of time has gone by, friendships never truly end.

Sam gets in tomorrow at 6:33 pm.  18 hours to go!  I can't wait.  I'll let you know how his visit goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment