Monday, July 12, 2010

My FENCES experience and the journey to Target!!

48 hours later I am finally ready to tell my loooooooong journey to FENCES--an epic show that closed yesterday (Sunday) on Broadway

So here's the story:  My friend Currie (the Glee star) and myself decided on Saturday night around 10:00 to venture out to the Cort Theatre and try our luck to get some of the last standing room tickets to FENCES.  The show itself has gotten a ton of good press--so many rave reviews and great buzz throughout the city.  PLUS a UNCG alum, Chris Chalk was playing Cory (so exciting!) and so we couldn't pass up on the opportunity to see it.  Currie and I arrived at the theatre at 10:30 Saturday evening and the box office opened at noon on Sunday.  So there we sat.  And we made friends and complained about how much our butts hurt and then on Sunday at noon the box office opened.  The line was halfway down 48th street--so many people hoping to get something!  Beside the standing room tickets there were cancellation tickets along with a some others (or so we assumed--these were all rumors that we heard).  Anyway, the box office opened and the line started moving!  I was the last person to get the last two tickets to the show!!!!  Currie and I both went to try and get some for our friends (4 total).  But...I was the last person!  It was awesome.  Two and a half hours later we saw the show and it was worth every second.  After the show we saw Chris along with the rest of the cast.  They were so great.  Also in attendance at the final performance--SARAH JESSICA PARKER!!!!!!!!!!  Currie and I both almost died.  She was so cute!

Rushing that show was such an awesome experience.    I met some awesome people and saw an incredible show.  It was exhausting, but so worth it.  I would do it again in a second!

Moots is back safely in Greensboro.  Seeing her was so nice and she really seemed to enjoy the city.  We went to the Met one day.  It was gorgeous.  I hadn't been there yet and really enjoyed it.  We also visited Currie at Dylan's Candy Bar.  That store is crazy!  But so much fun and the perfect fit for him!

After getting a good night's rest, Julie and I decided to journey to Target today because we were in need of so many things--cleaning supplies, paper products, etc.  We got on the B train, which took us directly to Target.  It was great.  I LOVE Target.  It's one of my most favorite places.  And I really miss being able to just scoot over there when I need something.  But, I am very grateful that it is so close off the subway.  Because it makes getting it all home so much easier.  So Julie and I went.  And sweated.  And schlepped our stuff all the way across town.  But it's always worth it in the end.

So that's been my few days--FENCES and then Target today.  I needed some time to recoup after waiting outside all night (not complaining!).  Tomorrow I have a meeting for the Fringe--we are planning a party to raise some money!  So excited!  Who doesn't love to party?

No comments:

Post a Comment