Saturday, July 3, 2010

Day One: Hello, Blog World

And so my blog of New York City living begins.  I would be lying if I said that I hadn't been here a month.  However, I am just unpacked and finally feeling back to normal again so that first month doesn't really count to me.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself--I'm a 22 year old who just graduated from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro with a degree in Theatre and a minor in Communication Studies.  Currently, I am trying to get an internship with a Casting company.  That's what I want to do--cast people in shows!  Marketing and arts administration are also very intriguing to me.

But...I'm currently unemployed.  And I feel as though I have exhausted every opportunity at employment.  I continue to scour every ad, every Craigslist listing, EVERYTHING in search of something.  And that's how this blog came to be--when talking with my mom about what to do with my time she suggested this blog.  So, thanks mom, for this idea.  Hopefully someone out there will get some enjoyment out of it.

Instead of telling you about every person and every relationship in my life right now I'll just tell you as I go.  As they pop up in my life--like little surprises.

The purpose of this blog is to spend a year talking about New York City--my experiences, observations, and general merriment about the greatest city on earth.  I welcome your comments and look forward to taking this adventure with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment