Wednesday, July 28, 2010

House of Hosts....er, Apartment of Hosts

Well, Samantha's departure this morning officially marks the end to my summer visitors.  It's weird just having my room to myself.  And living with just one other person.  But it is peaceful to just be able to close my door and have some alone time.  I LOVE having visitors, but I also love being able to curl up and watch a movie every once in awhile.

Samantha's visit was an excellent one.  We got to sit and talk and just catch up.  We spent time running around the city and exploring, but some of the moments that I loved most were the ones just spent talking on the subway while getting from place to place.  I have always appreciated Sam's thoughts and wisdom.  I think that she has such an awesome outlook on the world and I really do take to heart what she says.  The fall she ventures to Africa where she will spend the quarter exploring such an incredible part of the world.  Or at least it seems incredible.  I have never been, but would LOVE the opportunity to take a trip to Africa.

The job hunt continues for me--if you or anyone you know has any sort of offerings please pass them along my way.

This afternoon I'm meeting a friend from high school for coffee--it's so awesome to think that we both ended up in this city.  I didn't know her that well in high school, but I am excited to see her and catch up and get her take on this city.  She's been here for about 5 years--went to NYU and was a year ahead of me in school.

This morning Currie and I saw "The Kids Are All Right"--it was a great film and we got up early to see it.  It's only $6 if you catch the matinee price (which of course is before 11:00)...!  He and I both very much enjoyed it.

Last night Samantha and Currie saw NEXT TO NORMAL.  We all did the lottery and of course the one time I plan on not going I win.  I gladly gave them my tickets and then headed over a few blocks to join one of the theatre groups I am a part of, Project Rushmore, in their reading of ANGELS IN AMERICA.  I don't think I can give the reading justice--it was an incredible reading!  So well done.  Such a fantastic group of actors.  If you don't know--the play is very long and so if it's not done well it can be hard to sit through.  This was no such case.  I was so impressed with every single person involved.  And I am so proud to be a part of Project Rushmore.  It is a wonderful group of individuals who are very talented and vary in age as well as theatre offerings (writers, actors, directors, etc).  This group is a gift.

And so on that note I say to you--go out and find something that you love and contribute to it.  And if you have already found it then take a step back and remember what it is that you love so much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment