Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Hot Child in the City

It is so damn hot outside!!  Seriously!  I went for a walk today (what was I thinking) and saw this poor dog lead by his mean owner--the dog looked miserable.  If you don't have to be out in the heat then go inside.  And if you are too cheap to spend the money on air conditioning (what are you thinking) then you best be riding the rails or doing something that keeps you cool.

Julie got home this evening.  Julie is my roommate.  I met Julie at the end of my freshman year of college.  I was on run crew for PRIVATE LIVES and she was my stage manager.  She liked me because I was on time and efficient.  I liked her because she was to the point and let me go home when I had done all of the things I needed to do and didn't waste my time.  We became fast friends the following fall when she had to say goodbye to her dog after a bad breakup.  I reached out because I too had just sent me sweet sweet Bella home to Chicago with my parents because my roommates at the time were nuts.  Regardless, that's how we became friends and stayed close.  And then we spent last summer together working at a theatre in southern Indiana.  It was an experience neither of us will never forget, and after it we decided that since we had lived so well in a dorm size room together we would live really well in an apt together where we each got our own rooms.  And so fast forward another year and here we are.  Julie is great and we live well together.  She's one of the new PAs for the touring show of BILLY ELLIOT so if you see that show then you should know my roomie worked on it.

Moots is coming tomorrow to visit for a few days and I can't wait.  Moots lived with me last year (along with 3 other girls to make a house of 5--usually so much fun, but sometimes so much drama).  She's never been to the city before and so we are going to spend some time being tourists and running all over the city.  We are trying to see FENCES tomorrow night with a UNCG alum, Chris Chalk and of course Denzel and Viola!  I'm really hoping that we get tickets.  Currie and I are getting up early in the morning to venture out and make this idea a reality.

So...to bed soon...holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment