Sunday, August 29, 2010

Saying Goodbye To The Fringe

This day has been a long time coming. Our show closed this afternoon to a house of warm family and friends. I've been with this show for a long time. The opportunity was presented to me in February by Gretchen and Ginny...they were visiting Greensboro and asked me if I would be interested in working on it if it was picked for the Fringe. I was so excited and happily accepted the offer. It was chosen to perform in the Fringe and when I was visiting New York in May we sat down and had our first meeting. And here we are 3 months later.

This show was the greatest gift I could have been given for a few reasons. First, it gave me that nudge to move up as soon as possible. I had a project to be working for and looking toward. Second, it kept me involved in a theater environment, meaning that it kept me working on the not so easy days. Finally, this show just did something to me. I believed in the script and I believed in the actors. It was filled with hope and compassion--and those feelings are electric.

My wish for you is that you always surround yourself with your passion. It doesn't have to be your profession. But what I'm learning is that when you surround yourself with passion something inside of you ignites and inspires you to continue to be the greatest version of yourself. I plan on taking these feelings with me for the next few weeks. And on the days when I'm confused about the direction I'm going I will take a moment to reflect on this experience and all of the inspiration I took from it.

1 comment: