Sunday, August 15, 2010

The End Of An Era

Currie left on the 7 am bus this morning to Durham, NC.  Just like that he's gone.  And  I can't believe it.  Currie and I are both driven people, but it seems life is driving us to opposite sides of the nation--never to live in the same zip code again.  I know, I know--life happens and you never know.  He could end up being my neighbor somewhere down the line.  But right now my heart just feels heavy.  Currie walked into my life at exactly the right time, and just like that we were inseparable.  He and I have very different opinions on a lot of things, but we respect each other and value each other's opinion, making this a match made in heaven.  I can't help but think that Currie and I came to the end of an era today.  And I'll see Currie very soon when I come down to North Carolina, but it will never quite be the same.  I think what I will miss most is the fact that he was always down to do anything--nothing was ever too boring for him to attend.  If that meant running errands or sitting with me while I packed--the most random things.  He always kept me company and we never ran out of things to talk about.  And I just can't believe that he left today.  It feels surreal.  But I have this gut feeling that we're not done yet.  We'll never be done.

Currie and Sam and the rest of UNCG head back to school on Tuesday--it's weird and it's not.  I in no way feel as though I should be there.  I made my peace when I left Greensboro at the end of May.  And I was more than ready to graduate, but it's weird that some of the people who I hold closest--Currie, Sam, and others, are all going back to that one place.  I never would have thought I would get so much out of school, but I did.  I realize how lucky that experience was for me and I can only hope that I find that luck in New York.  Fortunately, I have some wonderful people in New York.  They are a blessing.

Speaking of New York...AS I AM FULLY KNOWN opened yesterday at the Fringe Festival!  I have to say that it was a smash.  People seemed to have loved it and I can only hope that we've created a buzz around the festival.  I do not perform in it--I run the sound board, but I've been with it since the beginning of the summer.

I'm currently devouring "Bittersweet" right now by Shauna Niequist.  I finally received my copy of the physical book (shipping problems--and I preordered!).  Anyway, I finally have my fingers on it and I just can't stop reading and rereading.  Her words are speaking to exactly every emotion that I'm going through.  She is a brilliant writer and I feel like she just gets me.  I'm sure many would say that, but I'd have to agree.

So that's where I am right now--I'm doing well--missing some people close to my heart, but thankful for the ones that are close to me.  I'm so happy to be involved in a few different projects and I only hope that I can do more.  I'm thankful for this season of change because it makes me slow down--to stop and listen and realize just how full of life, love, and grace is in my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment