Wednesday, October 13, 2010

When You Get Down To It

Sam was here this weekend...and the weekend was, well, perfect.  I picked him up from the airport on Thursday afternoon and we spent a long weekend enjoying each other's company--talking--literally talking for hours.  We did other things too--went for walks in Central Park, went down to SoHo, were out and about, but we couldn't stop the chatter!  Sam makes me laugh harder than anyone I know and it was so good to just see him!  It was such a luxury to just be able to tell him something right away instead of texting it or trying to remember to tell him about it at the end of the day.  Super thankful for him and the happiness that he brings to my life.  One night we spent dancing in my kitchen to James Taylor (Mom, we toasted to you) and it was magic.  What this weekend reminded me of was something my parents have always preached to me: it doesn't get any better than this.  And, it's the truth.  When you get down to it, it doesn't get any better than the moments where you are with the ones you love.  For my family, that's around the dinner table listening to my brother go on and on and on and on about something while my parents and I just nod our heads and agree.  And with Sam, it was this weekend as a whole...or dancing to James Taylor in my kitchen or even just sitting with him on the couch while we watched a movie.

My first day back at work after my long weekend all of my co-workers first asked where I was and when I told them that my boyfriend had visited they asked what we did.  And the answers couldn't have been more boring, but the truth is that Sam and I don't need all sorts of entertainment because we are just as content to sit down and talk with each other.  He's interesting, intelligent, and cracks me up.

Today at work this woman came in and we were having a conversation about a million things, but somewhere in there we got to talking about this organization that she created: Woman Deliver.  It's super cool and I encourage you to check it out: www.womendeliver.org/

Also, I am thinking about selling jewelry on www.etsy.com.  Check out their website--it's super cute and I'm excited about the idea (just trying to get it all in order).  I'll keep you posted!

Sorry for the gushy post, but that's where I am right now.  Getting down to what matters. Who matters.  I hope that you connect with those people.  Tell them how amazing they are and how much you love them.  Be proud of them and encourage them to follow their heart...the truth is, they can never hear it too much and it's probably time that they hear it again.

Be well and be good to each other.  Make it start with you.

1 comment: